Non Fiction: Baseballogy


Book: Baseballogy
Author: Kevin Sylvester
Link: coming soon...

The most unusual baseball facts you’ll ever find!
 
Referred to as “America’s National Pastime,” and “The Greatest Sport on Earth,” baseball has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions of people.
 
Behind the game lies a wealth of science, folklore, mathematics, psychology—and a very colourful past. Whether they are die-hard fans or casual spectators, readers will be captivated by this collection of fascinating, little-known facts. For example did you know that the yarn in a single baseball is long enough to reach from the street to the top of the Empire State Building or that in the old days playoff tickets were sold for people to stand in the outfield: fans might move to help the home team but not budge an inch for opposing players.


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/21/2015

    I really liked this book. It was funny, had pictures so you can see what things look like, and you can learn a lot from it. Who knew that the centres of baseballs used to be made of fish eyes?

    -Amara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this book because it informed me all about the "SUPER COOL FACTS THAT" I "NEVER KNEW" Like Amara said the centers of baseballs were made of the eye balls of fish! and that certain positions had to where different types of gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/14/2016

    At first I thought I knew nothing about baseball and wasn't going to enjoy this read but it was a great book! It was very interesting. My favorite part was the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the beginning, I thought that I wouldn't enjoy this book, because it would use terms that I wouldn't understand, but it explained interesting facts, that were displayed in a way that is easy to understand. I liked all the funny and interesting facts, that Kevin Sylvester displayed attractively.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/24/2016

    I do not like baseball so I was not happy about this book. But then when I read it, it was really good! It had tons of illustrations and facts about baseball. Even my mom liked it!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete