Non Fiction: Colossal Canada: 100 Epic Facts and Feats


Book: Colossal Canada: 100 Epic Facts and Feats
Author: Elizabeth MacLeod, Frieda Wishinsky
Link: coming soon...

100 things to make us stand up and belt out “O Canada!”


From Chris Hadfield to Cirque du Soleil, peacekeeping to poutine, and mukluks, tuques, grizzlies, and chinooks, this fast-moving and eye-opening book will give young Canadians plenty to cheer about.

Colossal Canada is a wide-ranging round-up of the people, places, animals and events that make us uniquely Canadian. It includes chapters on unforgettable moments in our history, exceptional inventions, monsters and myths, and all of our biggest, best, highest, and most extreme accomplishments.

Kids and adults alike will love learning all about their home and native land — and sharing these fascinating facts with family and friends!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/08/2016

    I liked this book a lot. It had lots of interesting facts of a variety and was all stuff significant to Canada. The one thing about this book that I think would make it easier to read is maybe changing the layout. Sometimes there was one fact per page, and other times there were two. It got a bit confusing at first, but after a while I got it.

    -Amara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like this book very much. I think that the pages were too busy, and the layout was very confusing. Also, the book kept on stating facts that weren't very clear, and hard to understand. In all, I think the writer could make the text easier to read, and less confusing, and that would help readers a lot.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/24/2016

    I liked this book a lot! I learned a lot about Canada when I read this. It was just sort of a lot going on the pages.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/31/2016

    I personally enjoyed this book. It taught me a lot about Canada and I learned so much about my history as a Canadian, this book was a little to cramped because on each page there should of been less like if there were more pages and less info on each one. But after all this book was good and very informative.
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete